Cats are the most popular cat breeds in Japan. You can even find some cafes that offer several treatments for your cats. Also, the pet insurance company in Japan, Anicom, was surveyed to find out the 10 most popular cat breeds in Japan. This survey was conducted on 10,000 Anicom respondents.
10. Japanese Bobtail (328 votes, 3,2%)
- 10. Japanese Bobtail (328 votes, 3,2%)
- 9. Persian (Chinchilla) (343 votes, 3,4%)
- 8. Maine Coon (385 votes, 3,8%)
- 7. Rag-doll (451 votes, 4,5%)
- 6. Norwegian Forest Cat (561 votes, 5,6%)
- 5. Russian Blue (562 votes, 5,6%)
- 4. Munchkin (785 votes, 7,8%)
- 3. Mixed cat breeds (1.250 votes, 12,4%)
- 2. American Short-hair (1.502 votes, 14,9%)
- 1. Scottish Fold (1.973 votes, 19,5%)
9. Persian (Chinchilla) (343 votes, 3,4%)
Persia is a cat breed with a long-haired cat characterized by a round face and a snub nose. Recognized as a luxury cat since the 19th century, the Persia cat breed was first developed in England and was bred by American cat lovers after the Second World War.
Cats react to the viral video:
8. Maine Coon (385 votes, 3,8%)
The Maine Coons, also known as American Longhair, is A domestic cat with a distinctive physical appearance and amazing hunting skills. It is one of the oldest native breeds in North America, particularly in the state of Maine.
7. Rag-doll (451 votes, 4,5%)
Ragdoll is a cat breed with blue-eyed and different fur color points. Developed by American breeder Ann Baker, this cat is best known for having a tame and calm temperament and love.
Watch kitten eats fresh meat:
6. Norwegian Forest Cat (561 votes, 5,6%)
The Norwegian Forest Cat is a domestic cat breed in northern Europe. This cat can adapt to extremely cold temperatures. Although it is said that the ancestor of this cat was brought to Norway by the Vikings around 1000 CE.
5. Russian Blue (562 votes, 5,6%)
Russian Blue is a cat breed with blue-silver fur. This cat is relatively intelligent and humorous but tends to be shy around the newcomer.
4. Munchkin (785 votes, 7,8%)
Munchkin is one of the new cat breeding, characterized by a very short, which is caused by a naturally occurring genetic mutation. This cat was bred in 1980 in the United States.
3. Mixed cat breeds (1.250 votes, 12,4%)
This cat is a mixed gent that is attracted by Japanese residents. The cat certainly has been crossed with one or more breeds of cats from other countries.
2. American Short-hair (1.502 votes, 14,9%)
American Short-hair is a domestic cat breed believed to be derived from European cats When it was brought to North America by one of the inhabitants to protect the cargo from rats. According to the Cat fancier’s Association, in 2012, American Short-hair was included in the list of the 7 most popular cat breeds in the United States.
The domestic catfight video:
Read more about the most popular Russian cat breed
1. Scottish Fold (1.973 votes, 19,5%)
Scottish Fold is a breed of cat with a dominant gene mutation that makes its ear cartilage has folded. That’s why the cat’s ears can bend forward and backward. Read more about the Scottish fold rank in Japan.
Beautiful Cat Video:
Popular Cat Island Japan Images:
Cat giving birth video