Why Do Cats Bring Gifts To Their Owner
- Why Do Cats Bring Gifts To Their Owner
- Here is the reason why a cat brings a gift:
- Cat is the real hunter in the wild.
- #Cats Bring Gifts Dead Animal To Their Owner
- # To show how to hunting for members of the family
- # To show their kittens how to survive in the wild
- # To show hunting skill
- # Just for fun to play with its prey
Why do cats bring a gift usually to show the prey to you? Are you know why do cats bring gifts to their owner or you have seen your cat bring a dead animal into your home?
If you have found your cat bring the animal to you as its owner, which indicated your cat pet is the real hunter in the wild even there was born in the captive as a domestic animal as well as a pet.
Here is the reason why a cat brings a gift:
Cat is the real hunter in the wild.
The domestic cat has live become a pet thousands of years ago, their instinct to hunt is still aggressive even look cute and turn to calm but if the small animal moves around the cat their hunting instinct always appears.
So, the hunt and exercise when cats were kitten old is often their behavior.
#Cats Bring Gifts Dead Animal To Their Owner
Why the cat bring you dead prey?
The prey sometimes is alive usually the cat doesn’t eat what they’re bringing home. the cat pet knows they do not need to hunt for a meal so, what the cat still hunting prey to bring home?
The gift usually their bring home like a small animal as well as a rat, mice, squirrel and lizard, insect, and bird.
# To show how to hunting for members of the family
The fact is their hunt just to show you as their owner they have the skill to hunt and how to hunt prey. The cat also wants to show their kitten how to hunt prey and how to get meals in the wild to survive in the lack of food area.
# To show their kittens how to survive in the wild
This is the mother’s cat instinct to show lessen learn for their kitten how to survive in the wild with rare food.
# To show hunting skill
The cat brings a gift home also to share the food with their family member. As you know you have given your cat food but it is still looking for an animal to bring home it is not indicated the cat is hungry it is just for cat fun or to show its hunting skill.
# Just for fun to play with its prey
So that, your cat sometimes brings dead or live animals just for fun and to play with it.
The cat is a playful animal. So, when some things move around they usually they are always trying to catch it. As the hunter animal cat always wants to catch small thing move like a ball ar small animal. To distract the cat from hunting outdoor keep your always indoor and give them cat stick play or a ball that can distract your cat from hunting outdoor.
Cat Brings a gift to the owner images.
Watch Cat eats fresh meat:
In many cases, even you giving your cat many with different toys even there cats live around and laying on a lot of toys. The cat has curious behavior the cat still looking for something new like the real prey to hunt. So, a cat usually bring the live mice to the kitchen table
The reasons a cat gifting or collecting the prey, here are the additional reason the cat behavior about why do cats bring gifts to their owner:
- A cat may just react to an inherent hunt instinct. Since a cat is born hunters, cats turn to act on their natural skill to hunt, kill and, bringing their prey into a safe place. Those if happened on the indoor cat pet will play with the prey before Kipling the prey.
- Some people believe cats bring a gift to the owner for honorable and high appreciated like thankful for the owner so that way a cat show how it loves and cares to you.
- Others believe that cats look in you as the weak or poor hunter skill that you can’t provide the real prey for yourself so that reason cat bring gift “mice” to show you how to get real food and how to hunt.
- Alike, some believe that many female cats bring more gifts than a male cat that sign the female cat is a teacher for their kitten and lesson learn for it kittens how to survive in the Wilde with lack of food and only hunt skill make them survive in the hard condition.
- The cat brings gifts to invite us to join and play together and find something new around the house not only play with modern toys but the real toy is the real mice.
- Lastly, a cat brings a gift to the owner is to say thank you for providing food and shelter.
What to do when your cat brings you a gift?
You have known the reason why do cats bring gifts to their owner in this section is explaining what to do if your cat brings dead animals like mice, lizards, snakes, or something that will make your house smells into the house. Knowing that your cat needs to prove that they’re a hunter animal, although makes it uncomfortable for you when a cat brings a dead animal on your bed or buries it under your desk.
The cat just shows the surprise about its hard work to you, what you have to do?
- Keep calm and take the dead animal to bring it outside or your backyard to bury it. Make sure you wear gloves to grab dead mice with your hand and clean up the floor that to eliminate the bad smell. Don’t let your cat play with the dead mice and spread the mice blood around the floor.
- Give the toy that like the live animals to distract your cat focus and it will play with the toy.
- Don’t punish your cat, as mentioned above the cat is a natural hunter animal the play with a live animal is how their life and learn to survive in the wild wich is lack of food that situation may happen somedays the cat is already to face.
- Always make sure your cat is indoor, don’t let them go outdoor if you want your cat still clean. As we know if cat plays outdoor they will find something interesting and will bring home as a gift.
So. That all we share about the reason why do cats bring gifts to their owner? Whatever cat bring to us just accept it and give thank you for them as Gide back the food to tied high and closer relationship with your cat pet.
The cat behavior was learned by humans for a long time and sometimes still any interesting have not yet identified by us. Cat behavior although they were living beside the human for thousands of years still many mysteries hide on the cat to find.
Still Control their Health and bring it regularly Health check-up and vaccine to the vet. Make sure don’t get your cat in trouble always love them and give them space like live in the wild.